By accessing the website at https://tutor.iprep.online/, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
In case iPrep provides access to third-party products through its website, the third-party Terms and Conditions apply in addition to those below.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily access the materials (information or software) on the iPrep website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
- copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the iPrep website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by iPrep at any time.
- The materials on the iPrep website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. iPrep makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, iPrep does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall iPrep or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the iPrep website, even if iPrep or an iPrep authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of Materials
The materials appearing on the iPrep website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. iPrep does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. iPrep may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However, iPrep does not make any commitment to update the materials.
iPrep has not reviewed all of the sites linked to on its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by iPrep of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
iPrep may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
Our messaging system is designed to preserve users’ privacy and security. Hence, all commercial communications between the tutor and the student must take place using the iPrep messaging system. Failure to comply with this policy may result in a permanent ban from using iPrep.
9. Payments and Refunds
All prices are identified in US dollars. Unless stated otherwise, all prices are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you will be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties. You agree to pay any taxes that may be applicable to payments made by you or to you in connection with your use of the iPrep Service.
In addition, you are responsible for all payment fees including but not limited to bank transfer fees and foreign exchange fees. Further, any non-U.S. payment may be subject to fees by your bank, intermediary banks, or the iPrep bank. Payment fees may not be refundable, depending on the bank’s policies.
iPrep charges tutor a 15% platform commission on each order. This platform commission rate is inclusive of all bank transaction fees, and is made available on our website as part of your registration process, and is subject to change at any time with no prior notice.
Our policy is to not offer refunds except in cases where the session did not take place or prior to the session.
- If the session did not take place – the student should contact iPrep and provide (1) the reason for the refund request, (2) the order number, and (3) the tutor’s name. Refunds take up to 7 days to process. Only a tutor no-show qualifies for refund. A student no-show does not qualify for a refund and will be fully charged.
- If the session has not yet begun – a self-initiated cancel & refund is possible by either the student or the tutor. Upon cancelling the session, an automated refund and an email confirmation will be issued to both the student and the tutor.
- After the session – since iPrep only provides the platform upon which payments between students and tutors are made, students will need to contact the tutor to request a post-session refund. Students can contact their tutors by clicking the “messages” link on the header menu. Students cannot initiate a refund after the session.
As a general rule, for sessions that have taken place, iPrep will not refund students on a tutor’s behalf. That said, there are exceptional circumstances that may warrant an iPrep-initiated refund. This includes the rare occasion of a refund for fraud, or billing system errors.
In any case, refund requests can be submitted to either iPrep or tutors up to and no longer than 72 hours after the session time.
Sometimes activities like refunds and chargebacks can put a tutor account balance into the negative. If your balance becomes negative then we reserve the right to recover those funds from future payments.
iPrep provides tutors an automated monthly payout schedule on the 17th. So for example, your February funds will be transferred on March 17th. At this time, only wire transfers to bank accounts are supported. For the automated payout to take place, the funds’ level needs to exceed a minimum threshold. Our bank as well as the receiving bank may charge a payout transaction fee on the wire transfer. These terms may be changed by iPrep with no prior notice.
10. User Conduct Code
Students and tutors must treat each other with respect and refrain from using profanity, foul language, insults, slurs, threats, or any negatively charged, discriminatory language or behavior. Violation of this policy will result in immediate suspension of the user from the iPrep platform.
- To protect our tutors’ privacy, tutor identities are restricted to the information provided on the tutor profile. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/Zoom/IM usernames, telephone numbers, external web addresses, or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of iPrep in order to circumvent or abuse the iPrep messaging system or iPrep platform is not permitted.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the messaging board.
- iPrep does not provide any guarantee of the level of tutoring offered to students. Nonetheless, students may use, and are encouraged, to leave feedback on the tutoring service provided by the tutor.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on iPrep’s platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
- Users may not submit proposals or solicit parties introduced through iPrep to contract, engage with, or pay outside of iPrep.
- Tutors warrant that they can personally and professionally provide any tutoring lessons advertised in their profile. Third-party tutoring is prohibited. Only the user who holds the tutor account may provide the tutoring lesson through his or her profile.
- To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one tutor account and one student account.
- You may not buy or sell iPrep accounts.
11. Session Cancellations & No-Shows
Because cancellations and no-shows disrupt students’ plans and impact confidence in the iPrep ecosystem, tutors should fulfill all approved sessions. If a tutor cancels or does not show up to a session, the following consequences will apply:
Important note: It is the tutor’s responsibility to keep an updated calendar of availability. A session booked is automatically considered approved.
You will be charged a fee if you cancel an approved session less than 12 hours before the session. Typically, we deduct that fee from your first payout after the cancellation. The amount deducted will depend on how soon before the session you canceled it:
- Less than 12 hours before the session: $20 fee
- No-show: $50 fee and account suspension
The cancellation fee may be waived in certain other circumstances at the sole discretion of iPrep.
Account Suspension and Deactivation
- In case of a no-show without cancellation, we may suspend or deactivate your account.
- If you cancel 3 or more reservations within a year, we may suspend or deactivate your account.
To help create professional, high-quality sessions for students, all tutors must meet three basic requirements:
- Be responsive – Responding quickly when students reach out shows that you’re an attentive and considerate tutor. We ask tutors to respond to messages within 24 hours.
- Avoid cancelling on students – We take cancellations and no-shows very seriously and ask all tutors to avoid cancelling on students—their study plans depend on it!
- Get positive reviews – students like to know they can expect a consistent level of quality, no matter which tutor they select. At the end of each session, students will review their experience with you.
These three measures affect your iPrep quality score and ranking on iPrep’s tutors page.
12. Content Restrictions
Explicit sexual content or content containing violence, physical or verbal, is not allowed on iPrep. Posting such content may result in content removal or account termination. All tutors must be at least 18 years of age.
13. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Israel and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
If you wish to cancel your account because you do not agree with these Terms as amended, or to report a violation of our Terms, user misconduct, or to inquire regarding your account, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.